Please follow the instructions below to begin using Career Cruising – an online educational and career planning system for today’s middle schools and high schools.
STEP 1 – STUDENTS CREATE THEIR ACCOUNT
- Go to www.careercruising.com. Enter your school’s login information in the username and password boxes at the top of the page.
- Once logged into the school site, open the My Plan Login menu at the top left of the screen by clicking the arrow. If your school elected to use the student data upload and has pre-assigned My Plan usernames and passwords, you can sign in to Career Cruising using your pre-assigned username and password and skip steps 3/4/5.
- Click on Create My Plan to create your account.
- Enter your information and then create your own My Plan username and password so that only you can access your Plan. Write down your My Plan username and password in a safe place in case you forget them. It is also a good idea to fill in your email address so that you will be able to retrieve your My Plan username and password if you ever forget them.
- Click on Create My Plan. Click the box on the Terms and Agreements page and select Submit.
STEP 2 – COMPLETING THE CAREER MATCHMAKER
- Click on the Assessments link in the top menu bar. If you are not already logged into your My Plan, click on the Login link under Career Matchmaker. Enter your My Plan username and password and click Login.
- Choose Start Matchmaker. Read the instructions on the Introduction page, then enter a name (Career Conference) for your session. Click Start Now to begin answering questions.
- Answer the first 39 questions. The more thought you put into these answers, the better your results will be. If you need more information about a question, read the More Info section beside the question. Try not to select the “Does Not Matter” button.
- Once done with 39 questions, you will see that Matchmaker has suggested careers that match your answers to the interest questions. If there is time, you can go through the second round of questions to further narrow down your results. Click on the Answer More Questions button in the Improve My Results section on the left side of the page.
- Answer as many questions as possible, then click the View My Career Suggestions button. Career Matchmaker will update your list of career suggestions.
STEP 3 – SELECTING YOUR TOP 5 CAREER CLUSTERS
- Click on the arrow to open the My Plan menu on the top left of the screen and click on My Careers.
- Click on View More under My Saved Clusters.
- Career Cruising has identified your top two clusters at the top of the list. First, click the boxes next to those two clusters. Now, select three more clusters that you think you might be interested in. Once you have selected five boxes, you can log out of the system.